Iron on Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl is a type of vinyl material that can be used to create custom designs or graphics on fabrics using a heat press or iron. It is a thin, flexible material with a shiny, metallic finish that can add a touch of glamour and sophistication to any garment.
To use Iron on Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl, you will need a few basic supplies, including:
- A cutting machine (such as a Cricut or Silhouette) or scissors to cut your design out of the vinyl;
- A weeding tool to remove any unwanted vinyl from your design;
- A heat press or iron;
- A protective sheet or Teflon sheet to protect your design and the fabric during the heat transfer process;
- The fabric you want to transfer the design onto.
The process of using Iron on Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl involves the following steps:
- Create your design or upload it onto your cutting machine software.
- Cut your design out of the vinyl using the cutting machine or scissors.
- Weed any unwanted vinyl from your design using a weeding tool.
- Preheat your heat press or iron to the recommended temperature for the specific type of vinyl you are using.
- Place your design onto the fabric and cover it with a protective sheet or Teflon sheet.
- Apply heat and pressure using the heat press or iron for the recommended time, then peel off the clear transfer sheet once it cools down.
Iron on Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl can be used on a variety of fabrics, including cotton, polyester, and blend fabrics. It is perfect for creating customized t-shirts, bags, hats, and other clothing items, as well as home decor items such as pillows and tablecloths.